love list

  • Babies
  • Book of Mormon
  • Dr Pepper
  • General Conference
  • Jaida
  • Jr
  • Parents
  • Red Sox
  • Relief Society
  • Summer Nights

Monday, March 26, 2012

I love my calling

I have been in the nursery for 6 months now as the assistant nursery leader. I have been called as the leader now and I just love my calling. I know, i can get really tired sometimes, but those kids make me so happy. Their smiles and laughter just make me feel so good about what i'm doing each week. There are some kids who used to hate going to nursery and now, they just love it. I think for some of them, coming to nursery every Sunday is the only time they get a lot of hugs and kisses and affection, and i'm so grateful that I can be that person to give it to them.

It's so important for us to be patient and loving to our children. They respond so much better to love than they do to  harsh discipline. I am seeing this ring true since being in the nursery. I truly do get to teach angels every week and i think everyone should get the chance to serve in the nursery. It helps you to be more humble and aware of how truly amazing these kids are.

No comments:

Post a Comment